Are you looking for an affordable yet effective way of achieving a straighter, healthier smile? If yes, then traditional Conventional metal braces may be the ideal solution for you. These tried-and-tested orthodontic devices have been transforming smiles for decades. While they may be noticeable than their ceramic counterparts, metal braces have a long-standing track record of effectively straightening teeth. At Putnam Orthodontics, we specialize in providing metal braces for patients in Carmel or Briarcliff Manor, NY, offering a reliable path to a beautifully aligned smile.
Our dedicated team (Orthodontic Specialists) understands that a confident smile can make all the difference in your life. That’s why we offer metal braces as a trusted option for achieving a straighter, healthier smile. While clear and ceramic braces provide discreet alternatives, metal braces excel in terms of strength, durability, and affordability. Metal braces come with several benefits and can transform your smile and oral health.
Metal vs. Ceramic Braces – What is the Difference?
- While both braces are effective orthodontic treatment routes recommended by our team, there are some differences.
- For starters, traditional braces are manufactured from medical-grade stainless steel with brackets and wires. They are a proven and reliable orthodontic treatment approach. Ceramic braces, on the other hand, are constructed of polycrystalline alumina. It’s a transparent or tooth-colored material that naturally blends in with your teeth.
- Conventional metal braces are more evident because of their metal components. Some people embellish their braces with colorful rubber bands and use this as a fashion statement. Ceramic braces provide a more discrete solution, making them popular for people who desire a less obvious orthodontic treatment.
- Ceramic brackets are also larger in size, making them more uncomfortable than metal braces. This can cause issues with your lip, as well as irritation in the cheek area along with the chipping of opposing teeth.
- Furthermore, the glue used to bond ceramic to the teeth can damage the tooth enamel as ceramic braces have higher adhesion to the glue than metal braces. During the removal process, the enamel under ceramic braces is at a higher risk of being damaged.
- Finally, metal teeth braces may need more frequent adjustments than ceramic braces. This is due to the fact that the metal wires put greater stress on the teeth, allowing for quicker and more efficient tooth movement. While still effective, ceramic braces may need a little longer treatment duration because of their gentler application of force.
How Should You Care for Traditional Braces?
Traditional metal braces must be cared for to guarantee efficient therapy and proper dental hygiene. Here are some pointers to assist you in taking care of your braces:-
Brush Your Teeth Whenever You Eat
Brushing your teeth after every meal and snack is non-negotiable when you wear metal braces. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste to clean your teeth and braces properly. Brush around the brackets and cables well to remove any remaining food bits.
Certain foods might get lodged in your braces and cause discomfort or even rupture. Chewing gum, popcorn, nuts, and hard sweets are examples of sticky and hard foods to avoid. Choose softer foods like cooked vegetables, yogurt, and pasta to reduce the danger of hurting your braces.
Establish a Flossing Routine
Use a floss threader or orthodontic floss to clean between your teeth and around your braces. When you wear braces, flossing becomes increasingly crucial to remove any plaque or food particles that may become stuck.
Use a Water Flosser
water flosser, commonly known as an irrigator, is a useful tool for cleaning around braces. It removes plaque and food particles from hard-to-reach regions using a stream of water. Including an irrigator in your oral care regimen helps keep your metal teeth braces in good condition.
Why Should You Choose Traditional Braces?
Now that you know how to care for your metal braces, it’s time to understand why conventional braces may be the best option for you:-
Effectiveness & Efficiency
Traditional braces are well-known for their ability to address a variety of orthodontic disorders. They may quickly move your teeth into their intended positions with a solid structure and accurate adjustments. Therefore, they are well-known for giving a beautifully aligned smile in less time.
Durability & Reliability
Metal braces are incredibly durable since they are made of high-quality stainless steel. They are strong enough to withstand the stresses applied during orthodontic treatment. This guarantees that they remain intact throughout the procedure.
The cost of traditional braces is usually less than other orthodontic treatment choices. They are one of the most cost-effective and practical teeth straightening treatment options.
Suitability for All Age Groups
Traditional braces may be customized to match your unique needs, whether you are a teenager or an adult or want them for your kids. They are a flexible alternative that can solve a wide range of orthodontic difficulties, independent of age or case complexity.
How Much Do Traditional Braces Cost?
Traditional braces often cost between $3,000 and $6,000.However, it greatly depends upon the orthodontist you choose and the seriousness of your oral health condition. The individual insurance provider determines whether or not health insurance can cover the expense. Furthermore, coverage levels are likely to vary across states in the United States.
Get the perfect smile you have always dreamt of with affordable traditional metal braces. Visit any of our dental clinics in Carmel or Briarcliff Manor, NY, and let our team of experts provide you with the best orthodontic services.
Schedule a Visit