What makes Invisalign such a popular choice among the masses is the discreetness and comfort they provide. However, if you do not clean them, they will get stained, and if you stain them, they won’t go unnoticed.
To keep them clean, Invisalign Cleaning Crystals are available. What are they? How do you use it? Here’s an answer to all your questions:
What Are Invisalign Cleaning Crystals?
The Invisalign brand specially designs Invisalign Cleaning Crystals to kill the bacteria that grow on your aligners. It helps in removing plaque buildup and keeping your aligners clean. Made with safe compounds, they prevent discoloration, staining, and odors.
How to Use Invisalign Cleaning Crystals?
Cleaning your aligners with Invisalign crystals is effortless. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to use Invisalign cleaning crystals to wash your aligners:
- Remove your aligners and rinse them under warm water to remove debris and excess saliva.
- Once you rinse your aligners, fill up a glass with warm water and dissolve an entire packet of Invisalign crystals into it. Stir till it fully dissolves.
- Take your retainers, submerge them entirely into the water and crystal mixture, and let them soak for at least 15 to 30 minutes.
- Once you soak them, remove and rinse under warm running water.
- Brush them with a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove the remaining plaque buildup and rinse them again with warm water to wash off the cleaning solution.
Why Should You Use Invisalign Crystals?
Cleaning Invisalign with crystals is the easiest way to sanitize and prevent food particles from getting stuck in between. Once you get rid of food particles, it will stop the spread of bacteria into your mouth and prevent gum diseases.
They prevent the development of plaque buildup and get rid of any stains. Keep your mouth fresh by avoiding food debris buildup and preventing bad breath with Invisalign crystals.
How Often Should You Use Cleaning Crystals?
You can use Invisalign cleaning crystals twice a day or once a day, as per your convenience. After cleaning your aligners with these crystals, ensure that you rinse them thoroughly with water before putting them back into your mouth.
Alternatives to Invisalign Cleaning Crystals
Invisalign Cleaning Crystals are designed specially to clean your aligners and retainers, but their high price tag can be a problem for many people. To solve this, we are here with a list of alternatives you can use:
Denture cleaners such as Polident and Efferdent are also effective in cleaning your aligners and retainers. To clean your retainers or aligners with denture cleaners, soak them in water for 15-30 minutes, brush them with a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove excess residue, and rinse thoroughly.
By mixing 3% of hydrogen peroxide with equal parts of warm water, you can completely get rid of stains from your aligners. Soak your aligners in the solution for thirty minutes. After that, brush the leftover plaque, rinse the aligners and wear them.
Distilled White Vinegar
Ensure that you only use white vinegar as any other type of vinegar will stain your aligners. To clean your aligners with distilled white vinegar, you need to make a solution that is 1-part vinegar and 3-parts water. Soak your aligners in the solution for fifteen minutes. Once you soak them, brush your aligners with a soft-bristled brush and rinse them thoroughly.
Additional Tips to Keep Your Aligners Clean
While cleaning your aligners with cleaning crystals are essential, you need to take notes of these additional tips to prevent any damage:
- Ensure that you clean your aligners twice a day – in the morning before you put them and in the evening after taking them off. This will prevent plaque and bacteria buildup.
- Take off your aligners before eating, or else you risk staining them and inviting food particles to get stuck in the trays. With time, these particles will transfer onto your gums and teeth, leading to plaque buildup, and when left unattended, this will turn into tartar. If you don’t get this tartar removed, you can develop gingivitis, which will deteriorate your gum’s health.
- Always keep your aligners inside their case to protect them from any damage and bacteria.
- Soaking your aligners protects them from E. Coli, Candida, Strep, and Staph.
- You should also include flossing into your daily routine to provide extra oral care for your teeth and keep your aligners clear.
If you are searching for the best way to clean your aligners for a whiter and brighter smile, Invisalign Cleaning Crystals are your ideal choice. You can even consult your orthodontist regarding the best methods to clean your aligners and decide according to your requirements.
0 comments on “How To Use Invisalign Cleaning Crystals”