Clear or Ceramic Braces
Do you want a great smile but are hesitant about your appearance with braces? Clear or ceramic dental braces are the perfect solution for you. These are comparatively less visible than the traditional metal braces.Ceramic braces have a much higher aesthetic quotient, making them the most popular choice for teeth straightening among older teenagers and adults.
If you are looking for ceramic dental braces in Carmel or Briarcliff Manor, NY get in touch with us at Putnam Orthodontics. Based on your smile assessment, we create a treatment plan so that your customized ceramic braces offer you the best teeth straightening results. This eventually helps improve your smile and oral health because straight teeth simplify dental hygiene and reduce the risk of gum diseases, tooth decay, bad breath and other such oral health issues.
How do Ceramic Braces Differ
from Traditional Braces?
- Unlike metal braces, the clear ceramic braces are made of clear materials which make them almost invisible, making them a very popular choice.
- The ceramic brackets and wires used in ceramic braces can be matched to the shade of your tooth enamel. This makes them blend in well with your teeth as compared to the metal braces.
- Ceramic braces can be slightly more expensive than the conventional metal braces, but you can wear them more confidently in public as they are nearly invisible, and they function just as effectively.
How Should You Care for Your Ceramic Braces?
Clear ceramic braces are prone to get stained. Hence, you should always rinse your mouth and clean your teeth properly after consuming dark-colored foods like berries, curry, coffee, dark soda, mustard, wine etc., which stain your teeth easily.
Regular flossing and rinsing with mouthwash is a must to ensure that food particles don’t get stuck in the brackets and cause cavities or stain your teeth.
Refrain from using whitening toothpaste as it cannot get behind the braces and when the braces come off, you will have a noticeably darker area in their place.
Why Should You Choose Ceramic Braces?
- Even though the ceramic braces have the same structure as that of conventional metal braces, they are less noticeable because they can be matched to the color of your teeth.
- The ceramic brackets in these dental braces are smaller as compared to those in the metal braces, and so they take up less space making them look better comparitively.
- The arch wire in the structure of these dental braces is basically metal, but it can be customized to look frosted, silver or white to suit the shade of your tooth enamel, thus making them almost invisible.
- The bonding agent used for these braces does not demineralize the tooth enamel and give superior strength so that the braces remain resilient throughout your orthodontic treatment.
- These braces are easy to remove once your orthodontic treatment is finished. Technological advancements have made it possible to remove these braces in a way that minimizes the chances of damaging the tooth enamel.
- Since these braces are made from alumina compounds they are non-porous and resilient.
Get an improved smile today with our superior quality and affordable ceramic braces. Visit any of our dental clinics in Carmel or Briarcliff Manor, NY to enhance your smile confidently without the hassles of metal braces.
Schedule A Visit