Looking for the best orthodontist near you? There are a few important factors to consider before you narrow down on any one. You may consider your friend’s or neighbor’s suggestion, or you may look up on the internet. But how can you be sure enough that your choice of orthodontist is the best possible option for you in terms of patient-care, quality and affordability? These 6 tips mentioned below will guide and help you select the best possible orthodontist. Take a look:
- If you are looking up an orthodontist near you for yourself, your teen, your parents or your kid, the first thing that comes to your mind is managing appointments along with your busy schedule. Is the orthodontist readily available before and after all the appointments to address your queries and concerns? Is he or she available after school hours and during weekends? Do they accommodate late hour appointments? If you find an orthodontist which has a positive reply to all these questions, you should definitely consider him or her as flexible appointments will make your life much easier and you won’t have to stress yourself out.
- Does the orthodontic staff have a friendly approach towards its patients? Do they seem welcoming towards queries and concerns of their patients? Is the facility well-maintained or neglected? Choose an orthodontic clinic which is well-equipped, clean and where the orthodontist and the staff make genuine efforts to make you feel like you are a part of family. This will take away all the anxiety and fears related to orthodontic treatments and the chances of you having a positive experience will increase tremendously.
- Faster, affordable and quality patient-care is what you should be expecting from an orthodontist. The type of patient-care offered makes a whole lot of difference. If your treatment is faster, you are likely to spend less time in the waiting room and struggling with your busy schedule. You should also factor in the financial aspect. Ask for options like discount braces, discount Invisalign or discount orthodontics. However, consider the quality of treatment as well because affordable treatment should not mean compromised quality.
- You can conduct a quick online research to find out what the past patients have to say about the orthodontist. For instance, most of the people leave Google reviews for their experiences. These reviews reveal a lot about the quality of treatment, nature of patient-care, the orthodontist, team, clinic environment, patient’s experience, payment options and a lot more. So don’ forget to look up the orthodontist you are considering on internet for reviews.
- Contemporary technology can make your orthodontic treatments faster and more comfortable. Hence, try and know whether the orthodontic clinic houses latest technology or old equipment. Modern technology like 3D imaging, ultra-oral scanners help enhance your orthodontic experience with more precise results. Also, ask about the type of treatments available. For instance, self-ligating braces, clear braces, Invisalign etc., are some of the most modern options in braces today which have revolutionized the process of teeth straightening to make it quicker and comfortable.
- Orthodontic treatments can be really expensive. Even if you have dental insurance, it is advisable that you talk about the payment options when you are discussing your treatment options with the orthodontist. Choose an orthodontist who offers flexible payment plans and accepts most of the insurance plans. A good orthodontist is open to discussing the best possible payment options which are affordable and flexible for you. This is important because you will be able to make an informed decision and choose the right orthodontic treatment without burning a hole in your pocket.
Whether you are looking for an orthodontist in Carmel or an orthodontist in Briarcliff Manor who ranks positive in all the aspects listed above, contact us at Putnam Orthodontics today. We are known for faster, comfortable, affordable and quality orthodontic services for adults, teens as well as kids. Schedule an appointment now.